My Boyfriend the EMT

My Boyfriend the EMT

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A wake up call!

Tyler and I broke up a couple days ago, something I never expected to happen. It took him breaking up with me to realize I have been a terrible girlfriend to him. He is an EMT and goes through a lot on a daily basis, and I was never there for him. I recently started reading blogs on how EMT's felt after each work day and after terrible calls. I couldn't help but cry the man I loved was going through a lot in his head and I was to busy to even ask if he was okay. Not only that but started reading a book called Codependent No More and it has changed my life for the better. This book speaks directly towards me in every day. I wish I would have read this a year ago and maybe things would be different between Tyler and I. Tyler and I plan on sitting down tomorrow after work and talking through some things that we have both been avoiding. I'm hoping this can save our relationship. We need some time apart so we can both grow up some, and fight through some personal issues. I hope that after tomorrow evening we can take a break and fix those issues and later on date again. We both love each other and that is obvious, but we both need some time to focus on ourselves. I love him and I just hate seeing him go through some of the things he is going through alone.
If it is meant to be, it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment